Belmar Blog Home

Monday, August 27, 2007

Bruce Springsteen's new album, "Magic

For those who still have their record players, they'll have a chance to listen to the "Magic" album before the rest of us.

This was posted on the Billboard website on Thursday:

From Billboard:
August 23, 2007, 4:15 PM ET

In an unusual move, Bruce Springsteen's new album, "Magic," is expected to be released on vinyl a week before its CD version hits stores. The vinyl is due Sept. 25 via Columbia, while the CD will arrive Oct. 2. A handful of major releases have appeared on vinyl prior to CD; Pearl Jam released its 1994 album, "Vitalogy," on vinyl two weeks early, prompting a premature No. 55 debut on The Billboard 200.

The first single from "Magic," the driving rocker "Radio Nowhere," is due to hit U.S. radio outlets on Sept. 4 but has begun making the rounds online in the past 24 hours.

Springsteen and the E Street Band are widely expected to play some live shows in the U.S. around the album's release, but dates have yet to be announced.

-- Jonathan Cohen, N.Y.


And yes, the single "Radio Nowhere" has started to circulate among Springsteen fans on the Internet.
My colleague Jay Lustig, wrote about "Radio Nowhere" in Friday's Star-Ledger. You can find his story here.

The lyrics to "Radio Nowhere" are:

"I was trying to find my way home,
But all I heard was a drone.
Bouncin' off a satellite
Crushing the last long American night.

This is radio nowhere.
Is there anybody alive out there?
This is radio nowhere.
Is there anybody alive out there?


Been spinning 'round a dead dial'
Just another lost number in a file.
dancing down a dark hole'
Just searching for a world with some soul.

This is radio nowhere.
Is there anybody alive out there?
This is radio nowhere.
Is there anybody alive out there?
Is there anybody alive out there?

I just want to hear some rhythm.
I just want to hear some rhythm
I just want to hear some rhythm.
I just want to hear some rhythm.

I want a thousand guitars.
I want pounding drums.
I want a million different voices speaking in tongues.

This is radio nowhere.
Is there anybody alive out there?
This is radio nowhere.
Is there anybody alive out there?
Is there anybody alive out there?

(Sax solo)

I was driving thru the misty rain
Yeah, searching for a mystery train.
Bopping thru the wild blue
Trying to make a connection with you.

This is radio nowhere.
Is there anybody alive out there?
This is radio nowhere.
Is there anybody alive out there?
Is there anybody alive out there?

I just want to hear some rhythm
I just want to hear some rhythm
I just want to hear some rhythm
I just want to hear some rhythm
I just want to hear some rhythm
I just want to hear some rhythm"

Look for the song to be played on radio stations starting this weekend.
It is a rocker. I can't wait to hear it played live in concert.


Post a comment | View comments (1)
| Permalink (Learn More)
Share: Reddit | Digg | del.icio.us | Google | Yahoo | What is this?
Here's the "Magic" album cover
Posted by By Stan Goldstein August 20, 2007 11:43PM
The cover of Bruce Springsteen's upcoming album "Magic" has been released.
You can find it here.
It reminds a lot of fans of earlier Springsteen album covers, such as "The Wild, Innocent and E Street Shuffle, "Darkness On the Edge of Town" and "The River."
The album comes out on Oct. 2.
Talk is that one of the song off the album "Radio Nowhere" will be playing on the radio sometime next week.







3 comments:

Anonymous said...

New album, new tour, new book. October will be a busy Bruce month.

Anonymous said...

connecting with old and new audiences.. speaking that talent should always prevail.

Anonymous said...

great message,, talent will prevail no matter what year it is