Belmar Blog Home

Friday, September 26, 2008

What does the new Borgata Water Club Hotel & Spring Lake beach have in common ?


No coolers, food, or beverages are allowed on the beach in Spring Lake NJ

and read this about the Water Club Hotel at the Borgata

“Beware the Water Club”
The Water Club by Borgata

hmbPhiladelphia
PhiladelphiaSep 18, 2008
1/2 found this review helpful
My son and I gamble at the Borgata about twice a month. We usually stay at the Borgata. The Borgata was full so we got comped at the Water Club instead. As a previous poster states, "the Water Club has too many rules". Most of these rules are designed to gouge you for more money. For example, the first time in my life that I was not allowed to take a small cooler to my room. It had 4 bottles of water and 5 beers in it. I was stopped by a security guard and assistant manager at the elevator. They said no coolers allowed in the room. They also lied and said the Borgata has the same rule. WE have stayed at the Borgata at least 10 times; and never got our cooler confiscated. When we checked out the next day, we counted 8 different people with coolers coming out of the Borgata.I had to check the cooler at the desk. When I got to the room I realized why they do this. They want to gouge you with the wet bar. Don't touch any food or beverages in the room. You will be charged after 30 seconds; if you don't put the item back where you got it. If I had to pay for the room, I'd really be mad. We're going to try Caesar's next time Borgata is full. I don't want this review to reflect badly on the Borgata, just the Water Club.

read more here




No comments: